We are Jeremy Tankard Typography Limited, a company registered in England (registration number 047069120) (“JTT”, “we” or “us”). We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number Z8646042).
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you access and move around JTT, process an order with JTT or license a JTT Product from JTT, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
– your name;
– the name of any company or entity on whose behalf you are engaging with JTT;
– billing address, email address and phone number(s);
– correspondence with and from JTT;
– your preferences about receiving communications from JTT;
– information about your use of JTT, and your orders from JTT; and
– details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and may be passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
– to provide JTT to you;
– to tailor aspects of your experience of JTT;
– to associate your orders, and your Licences, with you, and to verify your identity;
– to provide you with order and delivery information;
– to provide customer support;
– to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) notification);
– for customer satisfaction and other market research purposes; and
– in connection with the prevention and detection of copyright infringement, and fraud and other crime.
We may automatically collect anonymous information about your use of JTT. For example, we may automatically log which parts of JTT you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to JTT. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of JTT, and to help target aspects of JTT and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court
order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
– we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
– JTT, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by JTT about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
– to enforce or apply our JTT Base Licence Agreement, Licences and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
Your communication preferences
The emails and mobile text (SMS) communications which we may send to you fall into two categories:
– Emails and mobile text (SMS) communications that may provide you with
information about offers, new JTT Products and other things that we
think may interest you or JTT customers generally.
– The emails mobile text (SMS) communications which we may send you concerning your JTT-related activity, specifically:
– To remind you of unordered items in your online basket.
– Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with JTT.
You are provided with the opportunity to opting in or out of receiving our emails and/or mobile text (SMS) communications.
Please note that emails which we send you concerning your transactions – that is, emails that we need to send you relating directly to your orders from JTT – are unaffected by your preferences for newsletters and other Service Messages. So if you indicate that you wish to opt out of receiving our emails (or mobile text (SMS) communications) you will nevertheless continue to receive emails which confirm orders which you make from us, and any other emails which are necessary to effect a transaction with you.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences – an opt in or out, or an unsubscribe – to take effect.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each User’s responsibility:
– to ensure no-one else uses JTT through his/her credentials;
– to log off or exit from JTT when not using it; and
– to keep any/her password or other access information secret.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your credentials or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this policy
Last updated 11 December 2017